Most everything has to do with health. After quitting wheat last year and having the awesome results, I'm sort of addicted to big lifestyle changes.
I've tossed and turned over trying to go vegan vs cutting out certain foods. I've also tossed and turned over exercise - should I set a small goal or a BHAG (big hairy audacious goal, as my boss would say).
My conclusion is, to do both!
So here are my 2013 New Years Resolutions!
- Making Vegan choices when available. This includes almond milk instead of regular milk, vegan cheese, no meat meals if possible, if there is a vegan alternate of a makeup product - get that instead, etc.
- Cutting out red meat as much as possible. Yes there are times I crave a good steak, but honestly with the family history of cancer now and my above decision to make as many vegan choices as possible, this one just needs to go. I still love chicken, but I will try and limit it. Maybe twice a week max? Maybe as a "treat" when we go out for date night?
- A long juicing detox? Yeah I don't think that's for me, but I have started using my juicer daily and would like to continue using it, even if it is just as a breakfast, or even a juice to go along with a meal. I love the benefit of all these nutrients I am getting - and let's be honest, I never get this much veggies in my diet otherwise!
- Get into the habit of not only working out daily, or at the very least once every 2 days (including weekends), but to have a more active lifestyle. I would love to try Archery, Salsa, Swimming more, Going paint-balling more in the summer, etc. Just generally doing things that are fun, that make me get up and move!
- My BHAG for exercise is to, by the end of the year, be fit enough to do the Queen Gorgo's workout challenge. For those who do not know, this is a female version of the 300 workout. This will take a lot of working up to, for me. And of course, in the end the challenge is to have the best time at doing this. I'll record my time and maybe post at the end of the year to see how well I've done.
- Money. Oooo this one is always hard. I want to have a steadfast amount of money that is saved every month.
- Vacation at least once this year, in a different country.
- Save up for a decent down payment on a house. This ties in with number 6. The market out here is booming, and I want to catch it on the way up!
- Become closer with the friends and family I want to be closer to.
- Make more friends.
- Try more creative activities. As mentioned above, a salsa class, maybe painting, pottery, whatever strikes my fancy!
Generally, as everyone does, I want a better life. My husband and I moved up to Grande Prairie, AB and now is the opportunity for me to accomplish the things I have wanted to. To be a true success story with my health, and to learn those important life skills not everyone gets the opportunity to learn!
So what's your new years resolutions?!